EFFECTIVE: 24th May 2018
Thank you for visiting the website!
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information” and it is collected using cookies and similar technologies.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card) payment method (but not full payment details), email address, phone number date of birth and injury or medical information. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We will also collect other Personal Information from you if you are a client of Nightingale Fitness. This might be collected from the following sources and we refer to it as “Client Information”:
- Information that you provide us in paperwork or verbally, in order to use our services (for example a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) or a lifestyle questionnaire).
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our customer message boards or forums.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION SQUARESPACE COLLECT
This Site is powered by Squarespace so Squarespace do collect information about your interactions with their sites, but it is used in an anonymous, aggregated or pseudonymised form and therefore is not considered as Personal Information.
Information that Squarespace collect includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to the Site, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the site (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
When purchasing through the website, your payment information may be processed via third party eCommerce Payment Processors, in accordance with such eCommerce Payment Processors’ terms and policies. However, it is transmitted only so that they can pass it along to the eCommerce Payment Processors. Your payment information is not collected or stored by Squarespace.
3. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly by purchasing services.
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Site (using cookies and similar technologies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you make payments to us using our payment processors). Currently, our payment processors are Stripe and Paypal, both process your complete payment information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we obtain about you to and for:
- Provision and of Services and fulfilment of orders. For example to issue invoices, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Advertising. Analyse your interactions with our Services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you.
- Improving our Services and Site Optimisation. Although this is usually based on anonymous, pseudonymised or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other legal terms and policies.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyse and improve the services we or they provide.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at email@example.com to request the required changes.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that, if you request your personal data to be deleted, it will be deleted as soon as reasonably possible within a maximum period of 2 calendar months. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While no service is completely secure, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
8. HOW WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain and maintain your personal information until you ask us to delete the information. We also retain personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to protect us in the event of disputes and to enforce our agreements and provide the Services.
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymised, and other relevant criteria.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or de-personalised information which we may retain indefinitely.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint or exercise your rights and choices, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at the address below:
3 Penrose Close